EmPOWERED To Serve is a movement inspired by American Heart/ American Stroke Association multicultural volunteers around the country who are passionate about driving change through health justice and empowerment in their communities. These committed ambassadors are impacting gaps in health equity through advocacy, policy, education and social change.
EmPOWERED To Serve strives to:
- Inspire and equip communities to adopt healthy living behaviors
- Make sure that help is on the way by growing the number of CPR trained individuals.
- Increase the use of 9-1-1 in response to signs of stroke and heart-related issues.
- Empower communities by improving access to quality healthcare.
- Support the elimination of food deserts.
- Increase access to safe environments for physical activity.
- Share success stories and best practices that communities can impact.
How do I get involved and make an impact in my community?
You are here so you have taken a great step.
Stay involved in a variety of ways!
- Find and get in contact with your local affiliate Multicultural Initiatives Director.
- Customize your ambassador experience. Download your tools and resources to build a sustainable culture of health in your community.
- Let’s collaborate! Contact your local MCI staff and share your events with us. Let’s work together to host CPR and health lesson training workshops and other heart and stroke support.
Throughout the country, the American Heart Association hosts unique, engaging programs that not only educate, but entertain. Together, we will build a sustainable culture of health.
What does it mean to be an ambassador?
An ambassador actively engages and supports EmPOWERED To Serve. Do you get our newsletter? Like us on Facebook? Follow us on Twitter? Well, then you are an ambassador! If not, then join us today. Sign up.
So, what’s next?
Become an ambassador
Follow EmPOWERED To Serve on social media.
Contact your local office and attend the next event in your area.