Starting a walking program is one of the greatest things you can do for your health. Walking is easy on the joints, great for your heart and helps you get fit. Regular exercise can lower your blood pressure and decrease your risk of heart attack and stroke. What are you waiting for? Get started today!
Key points to remember:
- Stay hydrated all day and eat a healthy diet to fuel your body and help you get the most out of your workout.
- Stretching is extremely important. Stretch before and after you work out.
- Make sure your shoes are comfortable and have great support.
- Watch your posture and listen to your body.
- Talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
To find out more about walking and how to track your progress, visit: startwalkingnow.org
*Walking program developed by American Council of Exercise (ACE) in collaboration with the AHA