The brain is one of the most important organs of the human body. It controls your senses, your memory, your learning processes, your organ function and your movements.
Here are a few simple ways to keep your brain mentally fit:
- Play games that require thought like chess, card games or games of logic.
- Meditate to relax and energize your brain.
- Eat more “brain foods” like fatty fish (twice a week), unsalted nuts and healthy oils.
- Take a break from TV and computer time to enjoy your favorite hobby or read a real newspaper, book, magazine. Pick a different genre or time period than you normally would.
- Learn a new skill, sport or trade.
- Switch up your routine by taking different routes home, changing up your weekend activities or picking up a new hobby.