Metabolism is how your body turns calories into energy that it can use. It’s also the key to losing weight and keeping it off. If you feel more tired than usual or don’t have the energy to get you through the day, your metabolic rate may be low.
The good news is that there are steps you can take to boost your metabolism naturally:
- Eat breakfast every day to start your metabolism. Skipping breakfast can slow your metabolism.
- Have five to six smaller meals instead of three meals. Smaller meals help your body keep in pace with metabolism.
- Exercise daily. Try a 30-minute walk or run or some other form of aerobic activity. It’s one of the most efficient ways to boost your metabolism.
- Lift weights to build muscle and burn calories.
- Drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Eat fiber-rich foods like fruits, vegetables and grains.
- Consider drinking green tea, which may boost your metabolism and energy.
- Enjoy plenty of foods rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin C.
Vitamin B Rich foods: Lean meats, poultry, beans, whole grains, potatoes, legumes, yeast, yogurt and milk.
Vitamin C Rich foods: Oranges, orange juice, melons, strawberries, green peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, blueberries, raspberries and cranberries.
- Reduce the stress in your life.
- Get plenty of sleep.