Summer sun and wind can damage your hair by drying it out and causing split ends. Follow these tips for healthier hair:
- Switch to a hydrating shampoo and conditioner in the summer. This will help replenish moisture.
- Limit the use of chemicals like hair bleach, hair color and relaxers.
- Limit the use of styling tools.
- Use deep-conditioning treatments.
- Use hair products that contain SPF protection.
- Cover up your hair if you’ll be in the sun for an extended time.
Check with your hair care professional for details on what will work best for your needs.