Power To End Stroke is an education and awareness campaign seeking to reduce the incidence of stroke. It celebrates and embraces the culture, energy, creativity, and lifestyles of Americans and empowers them to take charge of their health.
Learn how to Prevent, Treat and Beat Stroke with the help of EmPOWERED To Serve.
Be EmPOWERED because YOU have the Power To End Stroke TODAY.
Power Ambassador Cory Taylor shares his journey to recovery after suffering a stroke. Read his story.
When we talk about prevention, we must talk about High Blood Pressure.
Learn the warning signs of a stroke!
Power To End Stroke is part of the broader EmPOWERED To Serve movement. Join this movement that focuses not only on improving individual health, but also on building healthier community environments where a healthy lifestyle is accessible to all.
Stroke-Specific Resources and Tools
- American Stroke Association Website
- Understanding Stroke
- Spot a Stroke
- How Can You Tell if You are Having a Stroke?
Living with Stroke
- Choosing the Right Stroke Rehab Facility
- Stroke and Family Finances
- What Healthcare Reform Means for Stroke Patients
- A Story from the Heart
- Survivor Stories on EmPOWERED To Serve
- Survivor Stories on American Stroke Association
Tools and Resources
- New! Stroke Rehab Guide
- Power Sunday Toolkit
- Ambassador’s Toolkit
- Don’t Miss a Stroke – Health Lesson
- Guide to Help African Americans Fight Stroke
- Personal Risk assessment
- F.A.S.T. Stroke Resources
Power To End Stroke was created in 2006 by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association to help reach the American Stroke Association’s mission to reduce stroke and the risk of stroke. Its intent was also to raise awareness within the African American population because although heart disease and stroke are major risks for all people, African Americans are at a particularly high risk.