May is Stroke Month
Be EmPOWERED To prevent, treat and beat stroke this May. No matter where you are in your journey, ETS holds many keys to survivors and caregivers. Be EmPOWERED because you have the power to end stroke TODAY.
Prevention and High Blood Pressure
When we talk about prevention, we must talk about High Blood Pressure. High Blood Pressure (HBP) is one of the leading causes of Stroke.
Did you know…
• Among Hispanic Americans with high blood pressure:
– 74% of men and 85% of women are aware they have it
– 60% of men and 77% of women are being treated for it
– 41% of men and 55% of women have it under control
• Among Non-Hispanic African Americans:
– 45.0% of males and 46.3% of females have HBP
HBP and Heart Health
HBP has a domino effect on your heart health. Play dominoes at the reunion, not with your life. Take control of your pressure today.
Family Health History Tree: English | Spanish
Social Media Messages: English | Spanish
High Blood Pressure Consequences Infographic: English | Spanish
African American Risk Factor Infographic: English
Hispanic Risk Factor Infographic: English | Spanish
Cory Taylor – Stroke is My Why
Has your body sent warning signs that you have avoided due to deadlines, business etc.? Cory Taylor, former manager of SWV, listened to his body and got critical treatment for a stroke just in time. Watch Cory Taylor’s life after stroke story below.
Have You Checked Your Numbers Today?