Nyasha Nyamapfene launched Gospel Run, a public health organization that inspires transformation and expanded possibilities by connecting communities, congregations and clergy. With programs and breakthrough experiences, Gospel Run motivates people to engage with their health in a new way.
Since its launch, Gospel Run has:
- Focused on building racial understanding among faith leaders by engaging and connecting them with race education practitioners and anti-racism training.
- Invited 50 pastors to connect with professionals in the mental health sector who can provide training on awareness and support.
- Launched a race in Kansas City with 1,000 participants expected.
- Partnered with the city of Cincinnati for a Gospel Run set for 2021.
- Identified 75 Gospel Run Health Ambassadors (volunteer community leaders) to lead the run teams in conversations about improving health.