Churches participating in the Healthier Church Challenge
Congratulations to the 41 participating churches.
The American Heart Association’s EmPOWERED and Well Healthier Church Challenge – sponsored by WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined), a global wellness company and the world’s leading commercial weight management program – is supporting the health and wellness of black women and their faith-based communities.
The program is inspired by volunteers who are passionate about driving change through health justice and empowerment. These committed ambassadors are working to make a difference in their communities through advocacy, policy, education and social change.
Community members and members of the selected churches can sign up to participate in the 12-week pilot program, which starts the week of Feb. 9. Program members will experience weekly science-based health and wellness coaching and education.
Two winning churches will each receive $5,000 and a wellness celebration at their church. Tamela Mann and Brian Courtney Wilson may stop by to celebrate as well.
To join the EmPOWERED and Well Healthier Church Challenge, look for your city and church below, then click on the link to register.
- Ben Hill United Methodist Church
- Bible Way Ministries International
- Elizabeth Baptist Church
- The Greater Solid Rock Baptist Church
- The House of Hope Atlanta
- Turner Chapel AME Church
- World Changers Church International
- Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
- South End Presbyterian Church
- Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center, Inc.
- University Park Baptist Church
- Dayspring Family Church
- Eastside Church of Christ
- Mountain View Church of Christ
- New Breed Christian Center
- Westside Baptist Church
- Bryant Temple AME
- Calvary Baptist Church of Hawthorne
- First African Methodist Episcopal Church Los Angeles (FAME)
- Heavenly Vision Church
- New Mount Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church
- Second Baptist Church
New York City
- Bethany Baptist Church
- Bethel Gospel Assembly
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Emmanuel Baptist Church
- Mt Moriah AME Church
- Sacred Heart Church
- SoulJoy Wellness
- St. Paul Community Baptist Church
- The Temple of Restoration
- Victory Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Alfred Street Baptist Church
- Allen Chapel AME Church
- Community of Hope AME Church
- East Washington Heights Baptist Church
- Fort Foote Baptist Church
- Greater Mount Calvary Holy Church
- New David Baptist Church of Christ
- Reid Temple AME
- Church Shiloh Baptist Church
The challenge is on!
Congratulations to the 41 churches that qualified to participate in the EmPOWERED and Well Healthier Church Challenge. Two churches will each receive $5,000 and a wellness celebration. As an added bonus, gospel singers Tamela Mann and Brian Courtney Wilson might stop by to celebrate.
Plus, everyone who registers for the challenge by January 12, 2020, will have the chance to win two tickets to Oprah's 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus Live on Tour! Presented by WW.**
** NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The WW Healthier Church Challenge Sweepstakes is sponsored by the American Heart Association and WW North America Holdings, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older who are members of Sponsor selected participating churches. Promotion Period begins 12/12/19 at 12:00 p.m. ET & ends 1/12/20 at 11:59 p.m. ET.