- A Screening and Discussion with Activist Tarana BurkeTuesday, August 7, 1:30pm
American Heart Association & Color of Change presents A Screening and Discussion with Activist Tarana Burke, Founder of the MeToo Movement. Martha's Vineyard Performing Arts Center
- Learn About the EmPOWERED To Serve Urban Health Accelerator™Applications Open: May 1 - June 30, 2018
Apply for the The EmPOWERED To Serve Urban Health Accelerator™ is a six to eight week intensive training and grant opportunity designed to challenge you to apply innovative, community-based solutions to help solve an urgent urban health problem.
- EmPOWERED To Serve Urban Health Accelerator™ – PhiladelphiaApplications Open: June 25 – July 23, 2018
Grants up to $60,000 are available for innovation that improves the health of the Philadelphia community. As a city, Philadelphia has the second highest in smoking rates in the US at 25.5%, is the sixth least active city at 29% rate of inactivity and the poverty rate is the highest among the nation’s 10 largest cities. But we can fix it.
- A Screening and Discussion with Activist Tarana Burke
Events You Can Host
- Power Sunday ToolkitOur church is the heart of our community, providing not only spiritual comfort, but also serving as the support center for social, educational and health issues. For this reason, it’s a great idea to involve your church in spreading the “Power!” Here are some ways to promote a healthy church.
- Family Reunion ToolkitFamily Reunions are a wonderful way to stay connected, pass on family heritage and traditions and to learn and/or teach about family history. It is also a great time to inform some and remind others that stroke is a major health threat. Power To End Stroke is a source of empowerment for African Americans to take charge of their health to prevent stroke and recognize their increased risk of stroke.
- Power Sunday Toolkit
- Black History Month 2018February 13, 20182016 and 2017 were tough years for health justice and equity. In 2018, we are recharged and committed to shining a spotlight on issues that affect communities of color across the nation. We pledge to not only host discussions, but also to work with you to create sustainable solutions that will […]
- National Hispanic Heritage Month 2017September 13, 2017This month we encourage you to celebrate your heritage and tome el control… de su salud. From September 15 through October 15, National Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM) is observed across America, in celebration of the independence of several Latin American countries and the contributions that have infused America.
- Music = LifeMay 25, 2017Stay on beat with Shanti (Das’) Playlist Seventy percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. If you are called on to perform CPR in an emergency, you will most likely be trying to save the life of someone you love: a child, a spouse, a parent or a friend. Music Can Save Lives […]
- Fruit and Vegetable MonthMay 25, 2017June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month. The American Heart Association is encouraging Americans to add more color to their meals throughout the month as part of our Healthy For Good™ movement. Each week of the month, we will have a different theme with fun ways that YOU can Add […]
- One Healthy Mama 2017May 1, 2017***Giveaway Alert*** Are you the one? This Mother’s Day, EmPOWERED To Serve™ is recognizing and rewarding “One healthy mama” for making healthy lifestyle changes in her own life and pounding the pavement to improve and impact her larger community by gifting her with a one-on-one week-long […]
- National Minority Health Month Messaging 2017April 12, 2017Share these Facebook posts to help spread awareness. Heart disease and stroke run in my family. Yet 80% of heart disease and stroke are preventable. #EmPoweredToServe I live in a food desert and finding the healthy food options I need is a daily struggle. What can be done in our communities […]
- National Minority Health Month 2017April 3, 2017Changing Perceptions in Minority Health and Bridging Health Equity Even though multicultural communities are diverse in their makeup, culture and traditions, they still face similar challenges when it comes to equity, health outcomes and access to care and healthy foods. These unique sectors across […]
- Black History Month 2018
- Most Powerful Voices Concert & Health Fair ExpoApril 21, 2018
Join the American Heart Association on April 21st, for an evening of inspiration featuring Vashawn Mitchell at the Most Powerful Voices Concert & Health Fair Expo at Parklawn Assembly of God in Milwaukee. Our event promotes stroke prevention and a heart-healthy lifestyle, and is FREE to the community! Learn the information necessary to be Empowered to Serve! Serve God, serve our families, and serve our communities!
- Don’t Be Salty: Facebook Live EventMarch 16, 2018
Watch this Facebook Live video for a flavorful conversation around the unsavory effects of salt featuring medical professionals and high blood pressure survivors!
- 2017 Urban Business Storytelling CompetitionOctober 17 - 18, 2017
In August of 2017, the American Heart Association launched a search for the best and brightest innovators around the country at the intersection of tech and health through the EmPOWERED To Serve™ Urban Business Storytelling Competition.
- 2017 EmPOWERED To Serve SummitOctober 17 - 18, 2017
Join us to create a “Culture of Health” in diverse and under-resourced communities.
- Most Powerful Voices Concert & Health Fair Expo