Healthy Lifestyle is more than just a guide to a healthier life – it’s a celebration of family and culture! Healthy Lifestyle provides tips, strategies and facts to help Latino families get healthy and stay healthy.
The EmPOWERED To Serve (ETS) Health Lessons offer a way to engage communities and motivate community members to take steps towards creating a culture of health.
Healthy Lifestyle Articles
- Emotional Benefits of Exercise
- Google Hangout with Ary Nunez
- Motivate yourself with music: Create a workout playlist.
- Increase Your Physical Activity (Video)
- Exercising as a Family
- Make Exercise Part of Your Life
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy at Work
- Everyday: Make Exercise a Top Priority
- How to Get Kids More Involved in Sports
- Encouraging Healthy Bilingual Kids?
- Kids Healthy Choices
- Keep Your Children Healthy for Life
- Nutrition Explained
- Added Sugars vs Natural Sugars: Do You Know the Difference?
- A Closer Look at Whole Grains
- Traditional Foods, Healthier Options
- Shop Your Farmers Market — It’s Fun and Affordable
- How to Make Healthier Salad Dressings and Salsas
- Make Better Choices when Dining Out
- Stock a Heart-healthy Fridge
- Show your heart some love: Add pescado to your diet.
- What’s in season? A great guide to picking fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid Emotional Eating
- Lower Your Sodium (Video)
- Are Sugary Drinks Killing Your Diet?
- Get on the Right Track with Portion Sizes
- Know Your Nutrition Label Facts
- Health Benefits of a Positive Attitude
- Google Hangout with Vilma Andari
- Google Hangout with Eva Gómez and Dr. Jorge Cheirif
- Good Fats vs. Bad Fats: What’s the difference?
- Don’t put off seeing your doctor
- Smoking Cigarettes: Not Worth the Risk
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Learn How to Recognize and Treat Diabetes
- Can you identify a heart attack?
- Easy Ways to Measure Health Metrics
- Manage Stress the Healthy Way
- Know the Risk Factors of Heart Disease and Stroke
Influencing Your Family/Community
- A True Role Model
- Growing a Home Garden Can Be Simple
- Caring for Caregivers and Busy Parents
- Facing the Five Biggest Latino Health Challenges
- Keep Family Fun Healthy