About the Virtual Faith Community
The EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community is designed to support the mental, physical and spiritual health and well-being of faith communities everywhere during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can you access the health lessons?
Sign up for health lessons and other information on our registration page including.
- Live health lessons take place via Zoom on Saturdays from April 11 to June 27 at 10:30 a.m. Central time.
- After registering you’ll receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.
- More details: Health lesson topics and additional resources are below.
What are the Virtual Faith Community lessons?
The EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community health lessons consist of 12 weekly, 30-minute EmPOWERED and Well Healthier Church Challenge lessons developed by the American Heart Association.
- They’re available to all faith-based communities, regardless of denomination, culture or background.
- The health lessons aren’t connected to any financial incentives or wellness celebrations.
- The lessons are self-paced and can be watched or listened to live via Zoom on Saturday mornings or later as online Adobe Connect recordings. See additional instructions for the online program below.
Why establish the virtual Faith Community?
The American Heart Association established the EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community to support people who are depending on their place of worship for help and hope as they shelter in place.
It's part of our broad commitment to provide reliable, science-based information for the approximately 120 million people in the United States who have one or more cardiovascular conditions that may increase their risk for COVID-19 complications.
Millions of people have for years counted on the American Heart Association for science-based information, health resources, community programs and patient support.
Accessing the Health Lessons Online
A recording of each lesson will be available via Adobe Connect the week following its live Saturday presentation using the links below.Adobe Connect Instructions
Watch the town hall meeting
To learn more about the EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community, watch our town hall meeting with Dr. Eduardo Sanchez, the AHA’s chief medical officer for prevention, and Pastor Sonjia B. Dickerson of Dayspring Family Church in Irving, Texas.
Dr. Sanchez provided a COVID-19 update and discussed how you can help your community stay healthy while sheltering in place. Pastor Dickerson shared inspiring words about getting through this public health crisis together, and she offered her perspective on the Healthier Church Challenge.