Take Me Home
EmPOWERED To Serve™ (ETS) is asking YOU to “Take Me Home.” Take Me Home is a Social Determinant’s of Health campaign that will follow a mixture of local and celebrity ETS Ambassadors and encourage everyday ambassadors like yourself, to take us on a journey into your community by showing the conditions in which you survive and thrive.
Q. What are the Social Determinants of Health?
A. They are the constructs in which people live, work, play, pray and age.
We can’t do this without you!
- First, we want to make the connection that Social Determinants of Health have a direct impact on heart health, stroke and high blood pressure, conditions that the American Heart Association has impacted significantly.
- Second, we want YOU to use AHA tools and resources to drive sustainable change in your community.
Joining has never been easier!
3 easy steps will lead to impact:
- Grab Your Squad – Get your organization or group of friends together to make a collective impact in your community.
- Pick an action or a few actions that will not only educate, but drive lasting impact in your area.
- Make An Impact – Take action toward your impact goals and share them with us via Facebook.
Goals & Impact
- Help us reach our goal to impact the health of 4.6 million multicultural Americans by pledging to take an action by registering as an ambassador (empoweredtoserve.org/ambassador) and completing one or five actions found on our homepage. Actions should be completed between January and April.
- Share your Day of Service events with us. We want to add your event to our website to help drive ambassadors in your area to assist. Please send all activities email@example.com.
- Picture (and/or video) of the Day
Give us a glimpse into your reality through pictures. Do you live in a food desert? Do you have easier access to fast food than fresh food options? Are community gardens providing new ways to empower your neighborhood? Share your story through images on Facebook. Submissions will be featured daily with a premium prize awarded weekly.
- Facebook Live Events
Share your events with us via Facebook. We can reshare your live posts to highlight the great work you are doing to positively impact your communities heart health.
- Check back in at empoweredtoserve.org periodically for contests, blogs and other impactful activities.
- Blog Opportunities
We want to hear your stories of survival! If and when you and your squad implement any actions, share them with us for an opportunity to be featured on the empoweredtoserve.com website and newsletter!
Please remember to share your events and outcomes with us!