The Health Insurance Marketplace, available at HealthCare.gov(link opens in new window), makes it easier for people without health care coverage to learn their options and enroll in a plan that meets their needs.
- Consumers can compare premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket costs under various plans.
- Consumers can also check to see if they are eligible for programs including Medicaid and learn more about premium assistance (also called advance premium tax credits).
- Prices are now lower with the new American Rescue Plan. Four out of five people can find plans for under $10 a month.
Making Health Insurance Affordable
To help make coverage more affordable, financial help — the Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit — is available to almost 80% of uninsured consumers who buy a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
When to Apply:The open enrollment period for 2022 coverage is complete, but you can still get health insurance if you qualify due to a life event. Visit HealthCare.gov(link opens in new window) to learn more.
How to Apply:
You can shop, apply for and enroll in coverage in 4 ways:
- Go online at HealthCare.gov.
- Call toll-free 1-800-318-2596.
- Get in-person assistance at localhelp.healthcare.gov(link opens in new window).
- Get assistance over the phone from HealthSherpa.com(link opens in new window).
Learn more and get started today