Time It Right
- Get outside during the coolest parts of the day, like the morning or evening
- Avoid outdoor activity from 12-3 PM, the hottest part of the day
- Give yourself time to warm up and cool down before each activity
- Drink water before, during and after activities, even if you don’t feel thirsty
- Fuel up with hydrating fruits and veggies, smoothies and infused water
- Carry a water bottle or hydration pack with you for easy hydration
Dress for Comfort
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothes made with moisture-wicking fabrics
- Lace up with breathable shoes, lightweight socks and supportive insoles
- Protect yourself with sunglasses, waterproof sunscreen and a hat or visor
Make it fun with warm-weather activities like:
- Outdoor Yoga
For more ideas on staying active, visit heart.org/movemore
Receive healthy living tips and be Healthy for Good™!
NOTE: All fields required unless indicated as optional.