Pets make us better humans.
Pets can help you reduce stress, boost mood, get more exercise, and lower blood pressure and cholesterol. (We’ve got the science to prove it.) Having a pet may help you get more fit; lower your stress and your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar; and boost your overall happiness and well-being.
Your pet is more than a companion:
- Owning a pet may change habits that can lead to weight loss.
- Dog owners are more likely to fit in the recommended physical activity than those who don’t have a dog.
- Get moving with your pet indoors or outdoors. You’ll both get exercise, and you may find yourself meeting other dog owners in your area. Socializing can be a good thing.
- Dog parents are more likely to reach their fitness goals than those without canine companions.
- In fact, dog parents are 34% more likely to fit in 150 minutes of walking a week than non-dog owners.