Kids' Physical & Mental Health Infographic
Prioritizing healthy routines helps kids feel better today and gets them on the right track for years to come.
Set small, achievable, short-term goals to re-prioritize three key areas:
- Preschool-age children about 3 hours per day of a variety of activities
- School-age kids and teens at least 60 minutes per day of moderate-to vigorous intensity activity
- Consume a variety of foods daily, increase intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, low-fat or fat-free dairies, lean vegetable or animal protein, and fish
- Minimizes the intake of trans fats, processed meats,refined carbohydrates, and sweetened beverages
- Less is better
- No more than 1 to 2 hours of TV/computer/video games a day; separating leisure screen time and school screen time.
A healthy routine can help kids feel better, improve mental health and decrease and prevent conditions such as anxiety and depression.
For more information visit heart.org/kids.