EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community
About the Virtual Faith Community
The EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community is designed to support the mental, physical and spiritual health and well-being of faith communities everywhere during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The summer live virtual Saturday morning health lesson program has completed.
- Look for the lesson program and registration to restart in the fall of 2020. .
- After registering you’ll receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.
- Recordings of the spring and summer health lessons are below.
Accessing the Health Lessons Online
A recording of each lesson will be available via Adobe Connect on the Monday following its live Saturday presentation using the links below.Adobe Connect Instructions
Why establish the virtual Faith Community?
The American Heart Association established the EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community to support people who are depending on their place of worship for help and hope as they shelter in place.
It's part of our broad commitment to provide reliable, science-based information for the approximately 120 million people in the United States who have one or more cardiovascular conditions that may increase their risk for COVID-19 complications.
Millions of people have for years counted on the American Heart Association for science-based information, health resources, community programs and patient support.
What are the Virtual Faith Community lessons?
The EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community health lessons consist of 12 weekly, 30-minute EmPOWERED and Well Healthier Church Challenge lessons developed by the American Heart Association.
- They’re available to all faith-based communities, regardless of denomination, culture or background.
- The health lessons aren’t connected to any financial incentives or wellness celebrations.
- The lessons are self-paced and can be watched or listened to live via Zoom on Saturday mornings or later as online Adobe Connect recordings. See additional instructions for the online program below.
Watch the 1st Town Hall Meeting
We encourage all faith-based communities to learn more about the EmPOWERED and Well Virtual Faith Community by watching our Town Hall meeting with Dr. Eduardo Sanchez, the AHA’s chief medical officer for prevention, and Pastor Sonjia B. Dickerson of Dayspring Family Church in Dallas.
Dr. Sanchez provided the latest updates on COVID-19 and advice on what you can do to help your church congregants and community stay healthy while sheltering in place. Pastor Dickerson shared words of inspiration on how we will get through this public health crisis together and her testimony of transformation in the Healthier Church Challenge.