Call to action
Systemic racism among medical professionals can lead to discriminatory practices in prescribing opioids and treating pain in Black and Latina people, which can lead to harmful outcomes including overdose death. It is incredibly important to learn more about opioid use, how an overdose occurs, how to recognize it, and what to do during an opioid-associated emergency. This lesson offers help for those who:
- May be at risk of opioid usage, addiction, or overdose.
- Know people experiencing opioid addiction.
- Care for people experiencing opioid addiction.
- Lessons in ending the misuse of Opioids.
- Presentation with presenter notes (PDF)
- Toolkit in English (PDF)
- REVIVEme - Learn how to recognize, react, and revive