Welcome to the week one health lesson where you will learn about advocacy through You're the Cure.
Before the Lesson:
Make sure you have access to a room with a projector and Wi-Fi.
Bring your computer. Lessons can only be accessed with a computer, not a phone.
1. Get comfortable with using adobe connect.
2. Print and review materials to distribute for the lesson.
Get Started with your Lesson
1. Distribute printed materials.
2. Stream the health lesson with your group.
3. Have group attendees take the weekly quiz on what they learned.
After Watching the Health Lesson
1. Ask group attendees to take the weekly health lessons quiz*.
- The quiz is taken individually by smartphone, tablet or computer. Have participants type in the link: empoweredtoserve.org/quiz1
- Once participants take the quiz, *please have them log off as only 50 people can take the quiz at one time.
- Two churches, one small (500 members or less) and one large (501 or more members) will have the chance at a $1,000 incentive.
- The incentive will be based upon cumulative attendance taken from the quiz completions. The winning churches will be decided by the number of participants relative to the size of the congregation.
2. EmPOWER your participants to take the lesson beyond the classroom and to take action. Text EMPOWER to 46839
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.